Sunday, November 7, 2010

Octo VIII

This week we continued on our manikins and had continued to draw from the figure.  We spent a good deal of time drawing our gesture drawings.  We also drew two long drawings this week and we reviewed and corrected areas on our manikins.  The week before we built the thigh of our manikin.  I learned a great deal from the practice involving our manikin, however still struggle to understand proportions as I tend to get impatient and push myself to finish rather than choosing to slow down or to stop and simply observe.  I look forward to seeing what can be learned over the coming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Incredible. I love how this pose has a distinct air of eroticism about it, accented by the closed eyes and tiny little smirk you gave her. The proportion guides that litter the page also create an amazing sense of geometric structure that contrasts perfectly with the organic form. Just awesome work, man. Keep it going.

    ReplyDelete