Sunday, October 31, 2010

Septem VII





This week in life drawing, was admittedly slow.  I missed class on Thursday and therefore didn't have the extended class time drawing session.  I did arrange time for my wife to model for me, where I could draw for two, 2 hour sessions.  I found that this experience was very beneficial in developing my ability to communicate line and form a bit more effectively.  I have similarly began drawing some portraiture and producing drawings of my manikin in the various stages of the modeling process.  Prior to drawing from my model I spent the usual first 45 minutes or so doing preliminary warm up drawings, focusing on the hips, and quadriceps.  I regretfully didn't have my model positioned in a manner that effectively the front of the leg as I should have.  In future drawings, I will certainly pay closer attention to this.  Finally, I spent a bit of time studying my skeletal model, Yes I have a life size skeletal model.  I really want to understand the whole structure of the figure.  I specifically studied the skull and the hands.  All in all I made this as productive of a drawing experience as possible.

1 comment:

  1. First, let me say I find it curious that you own a life size skeletal model... but I mainly say that because I'm jealous. I also must add that I love your drawing of the model with the fabric draped over her, very nice! I think you have a really good understanding of the human body and line weight. I really enjoy your work!

    ReplyDelete